If you’re someone who likes to rock a little eye makeup, but you’ve been hesitant to get lash extensions because you’re not sure if it will be compatible, then you’ll want to read this post. As more and more women are turning to lash extensions to achieve longer, fuller lashes, the question of whether or not eye makeup can be worn has come up. The answer is yes – with a few caveats. In general, it is best to avoid very creamy or liquid-based eye shadows, liners, and mascaras, as they can cause the adhesive that holds the extensions in place to break down. Stick to powder formulas and you should be good to go.
If you’re considering getting eyelash extensions, congratulations. They can really open up your eyes and make you look more awake. But if you’re not sure how to take care of them when you get them, they can quickly start to look ragged.
Here are some tips for making your eyelash extension look amazing.
- First, avoid getting them wet for the first 24 hours after application. This means avoiding activities like swimming or hot yoga. If you do get them wet, use a waterproof mascara to avoid ruining the extensions.
- Second, avoid using oily products near your eyes. This includes eye cream and facial sunscreen. Oily products will cause the adhesive to lose its grip and the extensions will start to fall off prematurely.
- Lash extensions can instantly give you the look of thicker, longer lashes without having to apply any makeup. However, if they’re not applied and maintained properly, your eyelashes can start to look clumpy and messy.
- Let the adhesive set for the full recommended time before getting them wet. Showering, sweating, or swimming before the adhesive has had a chance to set will cause them to fall off prematurely.
- Only use oil-free waterproof mascara if you need to wear mascara over your extensions. Regular mascara will pull on your extensions and cause them to fall off faster.
- Do not curl your eyelashes with an eyelash
Eyelash extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your lashes, but if they’re not done correctly, they can look fake and unnatural. Can I wear eye makeup with lash extensions is no more a thing to worry. In fact, most people find that they need to wear a little more eye makeup when they have lash extensions because their eyes look brighter and more open. Just be sure to use gentle products and avoid tugging on the extensions. And if you get a little mascara on your lashes, just brush them off with a soft toothbrush.